- “I am the Ghost of Christmas Present,” said the Spirit. “Look upon me!”
- “Lead on!” said Scrooge. “Lead on! The night is waning fast, and it is precious time to me, I know. Lead on, Spirit!”
- “Spirit!” said Scrooge in a broken voice, “remove me from this place.”
- “You are about to show me shadows of the things that have not happened, but will happen in the time before us,” Scrooge pursued. “Is that so, Spirit?”
- “He had no further intercourse with Spirits, but lived upon the Total Abstinence Principle, ever afterwards; and it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One!”
Um, ok. Maybe not that last one. But, it always makes sense to stock up on wine, beer, bourbon before Christmas, and mostly just to drink. Okay, some for gifts, but also for consuming. You can order online from Porter21 for delivery to your door or desk in under an hour, or shop in person at Spiritus on Asylum Street. (If you’re really in a rush call (860) 247-5431 for Spiritus’ curbside pickup.) Gifts from Porter 21 and Spiritus pair well with a flask from Hartford Prints!; more about them here.